After reviewing the seven Cs, and using the rubric to see where I fall, I felt that Consolidate would be appropriate for me for this school year. Then, after reviewing the survey results from students, it confirms that this is an area of growth for me.
Within the area of Consolidate, I need to take time to summarize what we learn each day. This can be done at the end of each lesson, and then at the end of the day when we fill in our planners for each core subject. I also feel that my students need to have the word “summarize” clarified, there were many questions about that word when I administered the survey.
Another area I need to focus on is giving time to help the students remember what we have learned in class. I also need to talk more about what we have already learned. It is important to take the time for reflection at the end of lessons, then connecting it to the following lesson.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!