To provide a more caring environment for my students.
I have set very high expectations in my classes and I want to maintain that but also ensure that the students are not stressed and know they are cared for.
I think I’m going to change my goal to Classroom Management.
That was the section I scored the worst on. Care was actually a rather high scoring section for me.
I think the most surprising part of this is the fact that students think they make me angry. I don’t believe I’ve ever been angry in an engineering class (or any class for that matter).
I think all categories in the classroom management section can be upped a bit but I will focus primarily on the anger one. I will try to show how happy I am in the classroom. I’ll be less scary.
I was rather upset with some of the students recent project. I was careful to word my displeasure towards them in a less ‘angry’ tone.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!