In completing the reflection process, I found I need to focus on Clarification. Two goals were highlighted :
To use a variety of methods and media to present and explain content and concepts.
To generate multiple explanations in advance for potentially tricky concepts.
In discussion with my dual language partner, Ling we discovered that we had similar strengths in relationships and creativity. However, one major challenge I face with working with early years learners is looking for clarification when language is very limited. Ling and I also share similar personal goals related to our roles as dual language teachers. We would like to be intentional in consistently reflecting on our students needs and interests through common planning, co-teaching and bridging lessons to give balance to our Chinese- English student population.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!