After reviewing the results of the initial survey, I have decided to add a second area of focus this school year. Survey results indicate a need to focus on consolidating. Even though it is an area that I feel I do well, I want to honor the students’ viewpoints. My initial area of focus was captivate. I will continue to focus on this area as well. One area that I scored well on was care. I was very happy with this and take pride in this as I believe it is fundamental in student learning.
I have decided to center my 2019-2020 goal around Captivate. I chose this as my goal this year because ,as a new teacher to the ISB curriculum, I will be focused on learning the curriculum and practicing implementing the curriculum to the best of my ability. I am also new to teaching the workshop model and this will be a challenge for me. I have an excellent team who are committed to supporting me in learning ISB practices.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!