It’s always difficult to review survey information. I take it too personally and tend to be hard on myself. This survey data was no different in the beginning. I found myself questioning whether I was giving my best. Grrrr.
Took a breathe and refocused and reflected. After really digging into the questions I came to the conclusion that I really need to tweak a few parts of my day help provide a better experience for my students. This will also include a bit more planning to help target certain needs. Truly believe that this is doable.
My original goal was focusing on conferring. My areas of growth after reflecting on the survey is moving towards clarifying or consolidating.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!