I have already set a really good goal for me and one I believe that will really support the students in their learning this year too. My survey showed a different path perhaps but I am confident that those areas I can work on in the class and I already have strategies that I can use to support this. Excited to keep focused on this year’s growth goal and get stuck into Carl Anderson’s webinar!
so I am enjoying the Mandy Froelich blogs, this one really resonated with me this morning…
Five Ways to Feel Better About Where You Are
So as a teacher new to the Tripod 7C’s I have found them useful if a little broad, the review questions helped focus me and having taken another look at my goal, I feel it would be a good idea to narrow it down otherwise I fear that with everything else going on, it might get lost in the ether (no idea if I spelt that last word correctly and darned if I have the time to check!) Anyways my general goal was conferring and I want to focus it down to conferring with individuals during writer’s workshop time, developing conferring questions and comments to support upleveling of first drafts and supporting the students to identify and achieve their own next steps.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!