To be honest, I don’t really think the data is very valid. My students didn’t really understand the questions and the language wasn’t very Kindergarteners friendly. I explained “Maybe” as sometimes “yes” and sometimes “no”, which may influence the results as well. The Confer data really surprised me, as I believe I am a very good listener when it comes to listening to students. I always make sure that I bend down or kneel down at the same level as the students. I used some of the thinking routines to invested students’ thinking and understanding deeper. My care data is the highest. I am very happy to gain students to trust and have a good relationship with them. My confer data is the lowest and like I said previously that surprised me a lot. I guess what students are looking for is more on a one-on-one base, sharing their feelings, ideas and frustrations.
My goal is working on the Challenge and Consolidate. I would still like to keep the same goals by creating more dual-language supporting resources for my students, which help them with their learning. I will take more photos, videos and ask students to record their thinking and learning more often this month.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!