It has been a couple of weeks into a new school and new students. Some things are going well and others need attention. I’ve got so many goals that I want to set for myself to improve, but for now it’s probably best to stick to just one – consolidating.
Completing the professional growth pre-survey reflection I realized that I need to develop more strategies to establish a routine to summarize big ideas at the end of all lessons and review them regularly. This process made me reflect on the fact that whilst I am always aware of the big picture, I need to regularly and consistently make the link between specific content and class activities with the big ideas and aims of the course.
I plan to research different ways that consolidation can become an explicit part of my ending of lessons and to trial these with my students. I will reflect on the success of these and ask students for their feedback.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!