After reading and reading through the 7C’s framework, I am planning on focusing on two C’s.
Captivate “I find ways to make lessons intellectually stimulating and relevant.”
I believe this would be a useful metric to assess the implementation of more ‘rich tasks’ and refine a ‘workshop model’ approach from both trainings through MSIS and Stanford’s YouCubed program that I will be continuing to implement into my math instruction this year.
I will be particularly interested in student feedback on:
- I design lessons that are interactive.
- I design lessons that pique my students’ curiosity and engage them actively in inquiry.
Challenge “I insist upon real understanding, not just memorization, and I will not let you give up, even when the work becomes difficult.”
A further goal that I would like to focus on this year will be around Challenge. I feel this may correlate and intertwine with my focus on Captivate and I will be particularly focused in student feedback around:
- I engage students in thinking deeply about key ideas.
- I set challenges that are at the appropriate level for each student’s growth.
Looking forward to another year of learning & trying new tasks, technology and classroom management techniques.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!