Laura and I are going to collaborate on our posts as our goal is the same. We all find it helps for us to discuss in achieving our goal.
Judy and Malu visited a school in Nanjing to gather information about the setting up of their early years centre – indoors and outdoors. They met with us to discuss their findings and share videos and photos. We saw some interesting ways to use spaces indoors including the use of platforms, stairs and rounded learning spaces. The outdoors area had many of the components that we discussed previously such as a tunnel covered in grass, a bike path and interesting water area that included a pump. Malu suggested that she would take these ideas to the designer of the playground with the hope of including some into our Early Years Centre.
For my individual goal I would like to link it to the team goal. I have spoken with my colleague and we would like to have the same/similar goal.
The goal would relate to the setting up of the new Early Years Learning facility that will be opening in the next school year. As our team have been given the task of setting this environment up I would like to learn of best practices in doing this.
Some of the ways that I think we can do this are by collaborating at meetings with PK4 colleagues, collaborating with PK3 and PK4 at meeting, discussions with PK3 and PK4 about shared text, “The Power of Inquiry”, by Kath Murdoch and school visits that are scheduled later in the school year.
This is the team goal for the PK4 team.
Review of EY standard for PK3/PK4
In depth study of inquiry through book study and school visits.
This team goal is important to us as soon we will be moving into the new Early Years learning centre. The centre has been purpose built to encourage and promote inquiry based learning. The Pk3 and Pk4 are currently reading and reviewing, as a group, The Power of Inquiry and we are planning on visiting schools overseas that are inquiry based to view the physical environment and observe strategies and methods.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!