In completing the Reflection of 7cs, the two goals that were highlighted were:
I generate multiple explanations in advance for potentially tricky concepts.
I use a variety of methods and media to present and explain content and concepts.
In discussion with my dual language partner, Christine we discovered that we had similar strengths in creativity and relationships. We also discussed that we had similar personal goals which are related to our roles as dual language teachers. We would like to be intentional in develop and consistently reflect on our students needs and interests through common planning, co-teaching and bridging lessons to give balance to our Chinese- English student population.
- I generate multiple explanations in advance for potentially tricky concepts.
- I use a variety of methods and media to present and explain content and concepts.
Action step 1: Bridging teaching
Resources: Dual language bridging book.
Evidence – We will document the learning.
Time: Throughout the year with at least two bridging sessions per month.
Action step 2: Co-designing activities
Create more opportunities for students to have a balance of English and Chinese language in
different such as library, art….
Evidence – Review and renew content and language learning objectives when planning together.
Time: Ongoing throughout the year.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!