Congratulations to our HS Photography class. We recently entered a ‘Young Photographers’ street photography competition sponsored by the Chinese Embassy in London and the UK Institute of Education / Confucius Institute for Schools. This is an international competition out of London open to students worldwide. We did very well this year (we got a first place and a runner up last year). It pays to take Photography – students won a collective 225GBP in prize money!
Henry (Hoi Yue) got a 1st place
Scarlett O’Keefe got a 2nd place
Maxime Pean and Adit Jacob came 4th
by Maxime Pean
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!