Data reflected a fairly uniform result. My highest was care and lowest class management. After looking into this further it was the question ‘our class stays busy and doesn’t waste time’. This did surprise me as we are always busy and constantly running out of time to complete class activities. On further reflection I started to think how many times I tell the class – we’re wasting valuable learning time during transition times and waiting for a few students to get organized for whole group learning.
For my goal ‘Consolidate’ the date indicated a medium result for all components. I still feel this goal is worth pursuing to continue to cement student learning.
My Profession Goal is based on Consolidating. I feel I could focus more on summarizing more consistently at the end of lessons and draw in previous learning.
My reasons for this goal is to:
- See how well my students can reflect on their learning. Can they explain or write about what they have learnt ie COLOS?
- Self evaluation – are my COLOS easily understood by my learners?
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!