Wow, what a really busy first few weeks at ISB! As a newbie I have felt so well looked after by the welcoming team, supported by my colleagues and truly delighted by the wonderful students I have in all my my classes.
Two weeks in to classes its time for me to start thinking about goals for the coming year.
- I want to make sure that students know how much I care about their extra-curricular activities. I think the easiest way for me to do this is to ensure that I attend more extra-curricular events to watch sport meets, musicals and other events.
This is just my early thoughts on my professional goals for this year. I’m sure that next month when my students take surveys about me I can maybe consider other goals…Watch This Space!
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!