Looking at this survey was incredibly informative, in so many ways! To begin with, kids are honest. Looking at the questions and thinking about my classroom environment and how the students would interpret the questions, I could absolutely foresee some of their responses. I like to think of the space I create is one where students feel loved and supported and that came through in date around “Care”. Interestingly, my initial goal was to work on conferring, but looking at the date I feel there are places I could focus even more. As a result, I aim to change my goal to “Consolidate”. The data indicated that I could spend more time summarizing and revisiting some prior instruction/lessons. In fact, after looking at this data last night, I consciously included an element in my instruction today that involved summarizing our learning. About two-thirds of the way through our math activity, I stopped the students to think about what we were doing and help me word our COLOs for the lesson. What the students generated absolutely defined the objectives of the lesson.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!