My strength is Caring and I am glad that my kids know that I care about them.
The question that ask about whether or not I notice when something is bothering them is a strange question because I do not think we are expected to read people.
I did not get a good score on Classroom Management but it is expected because I have an extremely angry child in that class. I think he is doing better so I hope this score will improve for next time.
These are the Cs that I have to work on.
I need to give my students more opportunities to share their ideas and listen to others in a respectful way. I always find myself rushing in class so I don’t give them enough time to share so I think I will use other online platform to encourage them to have discussion outside of class.
I think I have to save 5 mins at the end of each class to summarize what we learn each class.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!