Sep. 8, 2019
I would like to focus on Captivate: to differentiate the pacing of my lessons to accommodate the varying skills levels of my students and focus on Clarify: to share clear success criteria for student work and provide specific feedback based on those criteria as my personal goal this year.
Nov. 3, 2019
Based on student survey data, I plan to work on more the following areas:
- When he/she is teaching us, my teacher asks us whether we understand.(20% neutral)
- My teacher knows when the class understands, and when we do not.(14% unfavorable, 7% neutral)
- “Our class stays busy and does not waste time.” (53% neutral; 47% favorable)
- “My classmates behaves the way my teacher wants them to.” (53% neutral & 7% unfavorable; 40% favorable)
I would like to focus on Clarify : to differentiate the pacing of my lessons to accommodate the varying skills levels of my students by encouraging student/faculty contact, encouraging cooperation among students, giving prompt feedback, emphasizing time on task, and communicating high expectations. I also need to focus on Classroom Management: to create a safe and productive learning environment for all students with a firm stance on the class rules and timely communications.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!