Name and Position:
Zhi (Wesley) Zheng
HS Chinese teacher
7Cs Professional Growth Goal (to be completed after comp Professional Growth Self Reflection):
I would like to work on the following:
- To summarize big ideas at the end of lessons and review them periodically.
- To make explicit connections between lessons.
- To ensure assignments require students to build on prior learning.
Which of the 7Cs will you work on this year? Why?
I chose consolidate because after I filled out the professional growth pre-survey, I found that this is my weakness and I would like to work on this. I would like to make more connections between my lessons and to help student transfer their prior knowledge to new knowledge.
||Evidence of Completion (deliverable showing completion of action step)
||Will be completed by (date)
||Find a time to collect feedback from student
||Dates collected from students if I make connections between lessons.
|| 1st quarter
||To find a time to meet with my colleagues
||Show my colleagues what I have done to sharp my consolidate skill and hear feedbacks from them.
|| 2nd quarter
||To talk with a professional
||Show the professional what I have changed in the school year and see if there is any further change I may need to make.
|| 3rd quarter
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!