This blog is long overdue as I had trouble navigating back to the site where I can continue editing. Since the first survey, I have sought students’ input to address my set goals, and acted according to suggestions raised by students. I have also since spoken to colleagues and Fred and discussed ways to reach those goals. In addition, I have read related articles to search for strategies to improve on my practice where I set those goals. I have continued to act on students’ needs in adjusting my teaching strategies and tools for more effective delivery of the curriculum.
I have studied the survey results and while I have positive feedback in most areas of 7C’s, there are two areas that I need to focus my attention on this year, one being “captivate” and the other being “classroom management”. These have not come as a surprise really as curriculum materials and learning contents have to be adjusted this year from trimester long to quarter long, resulting in the compromise of some more “stimulating” and “captivating” components being cropped out. This has impacted on students’ interest level. I have set as my goals for the year as below:
- Captivate – to find ways to make lessons intellectually stimulating and relevant.
- Classroom Management – to insure our class will remain orderly, on task, and respectful, with learning as our first priority.
I will communicate these goals to my students and explore strategies to improve these areas. I will start by reinforcing classroom norms and establishing followup procedures for better classroom management; I will also start by ensuring that teaching materials and learning activities are engaging and intellectually stimulating.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!