How might this online orientation experience impact teaching & learning in your classroom?
- The orientation answered many of the questions I had and helped paint a picture of the what learning looks like on the ISB campus. It also introduced concepts I’ll need to understand and implement quickly (standards-based grading, 7C’s, etc) which will allow me to focus more on engaging lessons rather than trying to catch up for the first month of school.
What are you most excited about for your upcoming ISB/China adventure?
- Working with like-minded individuals with a passion for teaching and learning.
How might you summarize your greatest takeaway(s)?
- ISB cares about the social and emotional needs of the student as much as the academic ones.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!