ISB’s online orientation modules have been a great way for me to learn more about the school’s teaching practices and philosophies. I can tell that ISB takes the quality of its education seriously and actively looks for ways to grow and improve. I think I am the most excited by this aspect of ISB: I’m looking forward to having the opportunity to push myself to be a better educator and learn from the amazing teachers around me.
My biggest takeaway from orientation is that ISB is a place where teacher collaboration is highly valued. Although teachers may be individually responsible for their classrooms, they still act as part of a larger team. Academic content and learning experiences are closely aligned across grade levels and grade spans, which makes our jobs as teachers more meaningful, purposeful, and organized.
There seems to be many great systems in place at ISB to support both teachers and students. I’m excited to be part of a strong professional community, and I’m looking forward to meeting everyone and getting started!
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!