7C Tripod Survey Result Reflection:
With this 7C Tripod survey, I feel that maybe the students at this grade level may not now how to respond to this type of survey. When I did a very short and quick self-reflection type sheet with my DL classes before Parent Teacher Conferences, I had to explain to my students how to do it and I read every question word for word. There were still some questions throughout the survey.
That is why I feel that maybe some of my students were confused about some of the questions of the Tripod Survey given to the students.
I also feel that the survey should be done in the morning time and not at 2:30pm. I think at 2:30pm, the kids are exhausted and this type of thing might be too tedious to do at the end of the day.
Overall, my 7C survey results were fairly average. I think they could definitely be better. My 7C results are posted below to see.
My two areas of growth are Clarfiy and Care! I am pretty surprised that Care is one of them but I will work on it.
Considering that Clarify is one of my goals, I will have more of a reason to focus on that now.
My strongest one was Confer but all of the were almost the same number with Clarify and Care as the lowest on my data.
I am excited to mention to the students that I saw the results and will work on the specific things that are my areas of growth. Exciting things ahead!
This year my 7C goal is to clarify, clarify, clarify! I want to be able to check for understanding quickly and quietly as part of some my lessons. This will require me to plan more exit tickets and check-ins throughout my units. Because I am now a Dual Language teacher, I see more now the importance of weekly check ins. It is a lot to be accountable for 41 students and 2 sets of classes! But if I organize well, I can do it.
My goal is to get organized about the check ins and have one or two forms to look off of. When I mean forms, I mean excel or word documents that will help me see all of my students’ understanding. It also makes it easier during reporting time because you know exactly where most of your students are and can put that information in.
Clarify as a 7C goal this year is equally about me as it is about my 41 students. It is to clarify my understanding of my students’ understanding!
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!