I experienced the initial panic and lost at the beginning of online learning. I was struggling to face not only students learning difficulties but also tech problems. With the school support and collaboration among my team, I survived successfully and had a deeper understanding of teaching and our students. Together with my team, we provided scaffolding activities to support students’ four language skills. I had a better understanding of each student’s progress and was able to provide individual support. It is a reward to see student’s progress.
To improve my online teaching, I would like to provide more face-to-face interaction opportunities for my students. I am excited to have the opportunities to teach in a “real” classroom; at the same time, I want to help the students who are outside of Beijing to feel connected and belonging by providing screencast activities and live Zoom sessions.
I am very grateful to be a member of the ES CLL team. Everyone is supportive, positive, and accountable.
My 5C focus for the new school year will be Care as I think it is critical for students’ social and emotional well-being during this period. I want to provide more opportunities for students to interact with teachers and peers through small groups. I will continue to provide individual feedbacks on key learning tasks. Sharing my face and voice are essential to make learning more personalized for students learning online.
Review and summarize lessons to help make learning coherent and memorable.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!