When we finished in June, I wasn’t able to envision what the “next school year” would look like and how to be really “prepared” this time. Well, it became more and more clear to me after I went through the online PD module. It took me the whole day to read through all the information and infographics. Yes, these colorful and engaging visuals helped, but still, it’s a lot to take in. I paused at the end of each “lesson” to reflect during the reading and made notes. Here is the diagram that represents how I connected the ideas from the “Preparing for year 2020-2021” learning units and my self-reflection, with school-wide online learning and professional growth (5C) goals for next year:
*For a better view of this diagram, please click Connect the dots Diagram
The lists could go on as the more I think about multiple dimensions of language teaching and learning, but they lay the foundation for my goal setting. We also learned from the experience that we need to be SMART about our goals. So how can I continue to support Chinese teachers and students and What do I need to do differently and specifically as I grow as a leader in the coming year?
Here is my first attempt:
*For a better view of this planner, please click Online Learning Planner Grace
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!