- What action(s) might you take in order to prepare for online and blended learning?
I think that my (our) team’s first corse of action will be to communicate and utilize the strengths of each other’s strengths . Also, to begin to unpack the requirements and the schedule for the first couple of weeks of school. We will be coming at this from many places, geographically and emotionally. I am eager to jump in and get a feel for what needs to be done.
- Considering your previous experience with online learning, what are your instructional strengths & areas for growth?
I enjoyed meeting one on one with students in order to give feedback and for SEL check-ins. I was able to create a pretty intuitive and smooth daily lesson template for the students to use. I will be working on following up on feedback and making sure that students implement it to improve their work.
- Using the 5Cs of online learning, what goals might you set for yourself in anticipation of future online instruction?
I would like to work on Clarify. Due to the rapid start of online learning in the spring I think I did not cement expectations or guidelines during online Zoom meetings. This term I think routines and expectations will need to be clearly stated and completely understood in order to begin the school year on the right foot.
- How might you achieve these goals? Who might you reach out to for support?
I will definitely be using many of the things I have learned in the modules to set my expectations for our time online. I will be reaching out to my Grade 5 teammates. I was so impressed with how we communicated and adapted to ensure the lessons we taught last year were engaging and the students needs were met.
- If you had a magic wand, what might the 5Cs of online learning look like in your classroom?
If I had a magic it would be to create a personal assistant. Someone who would facilitate my meeting times with students and to take notes during our one-on-one meetings. They would encourage me to incorporate things I had missed and would generally be there to keep my spirits high. I would use it to reach students who I know struggled so mightily with the new platform of online learning.