As a learning support teacher, I witnessed the struggles that many students encountered during the school closure in the Spring of 2020. In general, many students had difficulty starting their work without the face to face nudging from teachers. In addition to matters of low self management, missing friends, and social emotional issues of feeling isolated – once my students built up the desire to start working, I regularly heard about their struggles of staying organized.
In order to help prepare my students for success, I have designed my first On-Line Learning Cycle around teaching students how to build planners that will work with their styles of organization. Below is my initial planner
Ask me about Jimmy!
In reflecting on the 7 C’s questionaire, I plan to address an area of opportunity that I believe will have very positive impacts on the students whom I support. Under the strand of Consolidate, I noticed that my reflection showed five areas that I somewhat include in my instruction.
Goal 1 – Ask students to summarize and synthesize what they are learning.
- Structure my lessons in a way that allows for reflection.
- Use DX as platform that provides students with opportunity to summarize their learning goals.
- Include probing questions during the lessons that encourage student collaboration.
- Monitor progress through visuals such as graphs, so students can see growth.
Greatly appreciate any feedback from my colleagues!
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!