Online-Learning Weekly Planner ES
In EY3, we will be focusing on online learning for the first week of school. Christine and I completed the Weekly Planner together, as we plan our DL learning together. We will work and plan closely with my Instructional Partner and our Teacher Assistants.
We chose Care and Classroom management to reflect upon for online learning. During the first month and particularly during these unique times, I believe it is essential to focus on the social emotional piece, relationships and connections, and to establish developmentally appropriate routines and joyful learning experiences which allow our EY children to feel safe, confident and successful.
Christine and I discussed the importance of building effective partnerships with our parents as we work alongside our EY children. It is through their support and understanding of developmentally appropriate practice that will make this online experience successful and enjoyable.
CARE-I establish care by:
-Having face to face Zoom time daily with our new families.
–Utilizing a friendly hand puppet that we can use each time we meet during morning meetings, greetings and for role modeling and answering questions about social emotional learning.
-Having the students have their own soft toys present for comfort and confidence.
-We will highlight the feeling ‘happy’ during the first week, and introduce one feeling per week, basing our screencasts and literacy around this topic.
Since we are beginning online and will continue to use an online environment during Partnered Instruction, we will start to establish the Norms for Online Meetings that are adapted to suit our EY families. I will continue to develop my online classroom management skills by using the guidelines as a base and seeking feedback from my fellow teachers and colleagues.
In completing the Reflection of 7cs, the two goals that were highlighted were:
I generate multiple explanations in advance for potentially tricky concepts.
I use a variety of methods and media to present and explain content and concepts.
In discussion with my dual language partner, Christine we discovered that we had similar strengths in creativity and relationships. We also discussed that we had similar personal goals which are related to our roles as dual language teachers. We would like to be intentional in develop and consistently reflect on our students needs and interests through common planning, co-teaching and bridging lessons to give balance to our Chinese- English student population.
- I generate multiple explanations in advance for potentially tricky concepts.
- I use a variety of methods and media to present and explain content and concepts.
Action step 1: Bridging teaching
Resources: Dual language bridging book.
Evidence – We will document the learning.
Time: Throughout the year with at least two bridging sessions per month.
Action step 2: Co-designing activities
Create more opportunities for students to have a balance of English and Chinese language in
different such as library, art….
Evidence – Review and renew content and language learning objectives when planning together.
Time: Ongoing throughout the year.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!