The online orientation has been a great opportunity to find out more about the way the curriculum is planned. I look forward to delivering the curriculum which will involve new ways of thinking and planning. I also look forward to collaborating with like-minded colleagues.
Completing the module on technology at ISB was very useful. I was able to explore and familiarise myself with the different platforms which I will be using next year. This allows for a smooth transition. I have used tools such as Padlet in the past, but I will need to familiarise myself with others like Flipgrid.
Having the opportunity to complete the online orientation at this stage gives the opportunity to know ISB better and virtually meet future colleagues. I am excited to meet my new colleagues, students and be part of the ISB community.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!