I’m exctied to have completed the online orientation. It’s useful to have had an introduction to the structure of the school before I walk in the door, hopefully this will make it easier when my inevitable questions and concerns come up. The course gave a good overview of the school and departments in a reasonable amount of time.
I am excited to learn more about the 7Cs. As a framework for teaching it resonated with me as a way to encapsulate all the many different things that we need to be successful teachers. When seeing the overview I immediately recognized myself as having strengths in areas, weaknesses in others. I imediately saw “Clarify” as an area that I have struggled with since moving to international education and look forward to growing there.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!