My strengths during the online learning period centered around clarification. The use of direct instruction via power point worked well with the students as well as recording video examples that students could watch at their leisure. The challenge for this school year will be how to support students outside of Beijing while I am delivering content to students in class.
I plan to record in class lessons and post them for these students to access. I will need to learn how to use breakout groups with Zoom in order to allow these students to form their own group during lessons if needed. I also will need to find a way for these students to connect with students who are physically present. My thoughts are to assign each student to a group or a “buddy”. These people are responsible for connecting with them live during classes as well as offer any other peer support as needed. The mechanism for this will need to developed and I may leave this up to the students themselves as to how they connect during a lesson.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!