Rebecca_Online Learning Planner
Using the 5Cs of online learning, what goals might you set for yourself in anticipation of future online instruction?
In order to navigate the online / blended learning space during these challenging times, I will be highlighting two goals to focus on relative to the 5Cs of online learning:
- Care: Intentional check-ins with students individually to create deeper relationships and engage with them on any personal SEL needs
- Captivate: Design lessons where students are able to bridge their prior knowledge with real world applications of abstract scientific concepts to enhance relevancy and create joyful learning experiences
How might you achieve these goals? Who might you reach out to for support?
- I will be connecting with a number of stakeholders in order to bring the above goals to fruition, from edtech coordinator, to counselors, teaching partner, and grade level / vertical colleagues
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!