Why rethink the models of learning:
Well, based on feedback from parents, students, and teachers more face-to-face time was needed to make sure that the needs of students were being met. Moving forward we can be more intentional and can be more effective with this. As we will be having students and teachers on campus and out of the country, the more that we prepare now, the better the beginning of the year will be.
How to rethink the models of learning:
I think that we are trying to include more personalized learning experiences. While creating the lessons we will need to think about personalized, individualized, and differentiated models in order to engage students. Last semester we had to learn how to create online lessons that were effective, and we got a lot better as the months went on. But now by shifting the focus a little, we’ll hopefully be able to improve engagement and competence.
After the student survey, I see that I have been seen by students as caring while listening, but that I could do even better at conveying the sense of personal care in my relationships with them. I will continue to foster my relationships with my students, seeking out the more reticent students that may feel left out. Also, I will endeavor to continue to confer and assist with academic and social goals of my students.
At the beginning of the year, I wanted to work on creating a more caring environment that welcomed students into our classroom.
Last summer I had participated in a wellbeing course that focused on what makes an individual happy. I learned that practicing mindfulness really helped my frame of mind and practicing healthy habits improved my quality of life.
Over the course of the first weeks of school, I purposefully interacted more with students by keeping better track of who I spoke with and focused on helping them solve social problems. I was better at listening and being patient while giving advice and correction.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!