2020-2021 will be a dynamic year. It is sure to be an exciting year for everyone involved. I am looking forward to the challenge.
I plan to make connections by:
• Zoom introducing myself to my students
• Regular Zoom meetings posted in DX.
• Discussion posts for students to engage with each other.
• Asynchronous lesson Loom videos and PowerPoints
The first module will focus on:
• Make an “ I Love Math” poster to introduce students to me and each other
• Use Zoom sessions and break out rooms for students to get to know me and others in the class.
I plan on giving time to students complete the work by:
• Having asynchronous lessons where students can work at their own pace.
• Zooms sessions as a way for collaboration and feedback to questions.
I am looking forward to this challenging year.
“We review and summarize lessons to help make learning coherent and memorable.”
Teachers who consolidate help students integrate and synthesize key ideas. They summarize and make connections in ways that help students see relationships within and across lessons, remember ideas, and build understanding over time.
My plan is to summarize big ideas and topics at the end of lessons and review them from time to time.I will ask students to summarize and synthesize topics we are covering in math to check on their relevancy to real life. Also I will be checking to see if there are explicit connections between lessons or topics. To see the big picture, I will help students make connections within and across the curriculum.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7C’s)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!