What a privilege to be part of such an inspiring community here in Beijing! I feel blessed to have found ISB and be given the opportunity to serve my precious English language learners.
It wasn’t just the information I had to consume during this online orientation; it felt more like an invitation to be part of a common commitment to a challenging yet joyful learning journey for everyone.
I truly appreciate the early introduction to all these tools through this online orientation. I got to see the big picture as well as the systematic and structural details of what ISB is all about.
Now, after the orientation, I’m excited and more than willing to be part of this commitment, to provide the highest quality of learning experience together as a team!
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!