The online orientation was incredibly insightful and stimulating. It has made me very excited to start my work at ISB. I felt many of the values and systems at ISB that was covered encompasses the things I try to do to be an effective teacher. The orientation helped just identify and compartmentalize that more through the 7c’s and the SEL practices that are going on. There was a ton of information to take in, however since it was done as an online orientation, I was able to go my own speed. I was able to speed up the videos through things that I was more familiar with, and able to re-watch or re-read things that needed a little bit more time to digest. Honestly my biggest takeaway from this experience was seeing the amazing amount of support systems that are in place at ISB for both students and teachers. So even though there was a lot to learn over the orientation, and a mountain of things I have yet to learn at ISB, I don’t feel very anxious about it, as I feel like I will be supported.
Welcome to your Professional Learning Blog! This is a place for you to post your goals, and reflect on them throughout the year.
- Decide on your goal, perhaps in consultation with your colleagues or principal, and create a post to share with this online professional learning community that you are now a part of! Categorise this post in Goal Setting. Set your goal by considering:
- Self-assessment and reflection based on new teacher standards (Tripod 7Cs)
- Previous or new observation data from peers and principals
- Student surveys (online surveys developed and aligned with 7C’s)
- Identify colleagues, coaches, principals etc. that will play a supporting role in achieving your goal, and invite them to view and comment on your post. Encourage them to bookmark your blog and visit regularly.
- Throughout the year, collect and share evidence to support your progress. Categorise these posts in Reflection.
- Encourage your colleagues to share your learning journey by engaging with your blog. In return, engage with their blog (and others across the School)
- You may also like to share work that your students have created or your own professional achievements that may not be directly related to your goal setting. This is encouraged! Categorise these posts as Showcase.
If you need support using this platform, please don’t hesitate to contact Ed Tech, we are always happy to be of assistance!